As adding Products to sell them online is all about eCommerce, in this guide, we are explaining you on how a Vendor can add their Products from their respective Vendor Panels.
Vendor ‣ Dashboard ‣ Products ‣ Manage Products ‣ Add Products
When you click products page, the list of existing products will be shown. You then need to click on ‘Add Product’ to add a new product. After providing all the details, you need to click on ‘Save’, the product goes for approval from the Admin. After Admin approval, the product gets listed on the Storefront.
- A form will open up, where you need to enter the details.
- In general section, you can enter the product name or title, SKU prefix, product slug and product description.
- Next, in the category section, you can map the product to categories (one or more).
- Then, in product details section, provide the UPC, HSN, quantity available, enable stock status, specify the date of availability or the date on which the product should be active on the storefront, select the manufacturer of the product from the dropdown and then enable postal code verification, if you are shipping only to a particular location and not all locations (the Customer will have to verify the postal code and only if the delivery is available, they can check out the product and place an order).
- Add images to the product, by clicking on ‘Add Images’, you can either select an image from the existing library (if already available) or click on upload and fetch it from your system.
- Next, you can add a video describing the product. You may either click on 'Embed YouTube' and provide the link or click on 'Upload Video' and upload a video in mp4 or mpeg format.
- If you want to add variants to the product, click on the variants from the available list on the right hand side. This will display the list of variant values on the right hand side. You may only show up to five variants values for a particular variant. You may select more than one variant from the left hand side and add up to five values for each of variant. Once the variants are added, the list of different SKUs will be ready and displayed in the following section on the same page. Each SKU will be a unique identity (based on the combinations of different product variants). For each SKU, you may add a unique photo, unique pricing, bar code and inventory and then activate each of them (you may deactivate any SKU any time).
- Next, in the pricing section, you can set a default price, by mentioning the product cost, add tax (either value or percentage). It will then show the final default price of the product.
- Then, any discount or special price can be added, by mentioning the priority, discounted or special price and the from and to dates on which the discount needs to be offered. Special pricing and discount pricing can be separate and exclusive for each SKU. The special pricing and discount pricing can be set for SKUs, only after the product is approved by the Admin and it is live on the storefront So, this feature is available only in ‘edit product’ and not ‘add product’.
- Next, the SEO title, keywords and description can be added for making the product detail page search engine friendly.
- Next, if you want to add tier prices for offering bulk discounts, you can use this tab - Manage Tier Price. You can setup the tier price separately for each SKU. You can click on a particular SKU, mention the quantity (in bulk) and then add the pricing per item. E.g., for a bulk purchase of 10 and above, the price per item can be $10 and for a bulk purchase of 20 and above, the price per item can be $8 and so on. To add multiple tiers, you can click on the '+' option. You may either click on 'Yes' to activate the tier price for display in product detail page or click on 'No' to not display.
- Next, you can add attributes (for providing product specifications). You can select an attribute from the drop down and provide a value for it in the text area. For example, if your product is a T-shirt, then, you can click on the attribute 'Neck Style' that will be available in the drop down. Then, you can provide a value in the text area, e.g., collared neck. Then, you can click on the '+' option to provide more attributes (product specifications).